Friday, December 3, 2010

The Time my Brain Melted




In 9th grade I was enrolled in Regents Earth Science. We sat at black desks that you could write on with the grease of your hands and then it would disappear. Every Wednesday would be a lab day which meant instead of being 43 minutes the class would be twice as long. I do not like how my life used to be scheduled in to 43 increments of boredom.

Earth science was the worst class in the entire World. It is my hell. It is my Room 101.

I remember on one particular lab day, we hadn't gotten a break due to my lab partner who had thrown all the teacher's pencils in the ceiling, this was the day my brain melted. It was just the beginning of the second period so I knew relief in the form of art class was not coming anytime soon. On and on and on and I was just watching the clock when my mind stopped thinking completely. It literally stopped working and I had nothing but used thoughts and hope to get me through.

Now anytime I am ever really really super bored, I just think back to that day and know that soon it will be o.k. and I won't be bored anymore. I know that if I made it through that I can make it through anything boring for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment